Design Wall Monday, August 5, 2013


I started Sunday off putting together the 9-patches for Korral.  This pattern by The Calico Horse called Nine Patch Dance is my UFO Challenge for August.  Aunt Marti of 52 Quilts hosts the UFO Challenge that I participate in for 2013.  Our July finishes were on parade last Thursday at her blog and she also selected #11 to be finished in August.  I already had most of it cut out which made the putting together pretty quick.  As of this morning I need only 11 more 9-patches with a green corner.  I'll need every bit of my design wall to get this layout figured out.  The project finishes at 80" x 80".

Krazy Kattle is still on my design wall.  Until it can be assembled it won't come down.  I am doing by hand the blanket stitch around all the eyes, brows, and nostrils of the cows.  This does take sometime as you can imagine.  I will be stitching a little during my lunch break today.



There are lots more fun projects going on right now in sewing rooms everywhere.  For lots of inspiration take time to enjoy the projects of others through the links at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Betty said...

Wow all that hand work on the cows? It will be a super quilt when finished. Another quilt started, Korral, great name. Going to see if it was on 52 quilts,don't remember what it looked like

Janet O. said...

The Kattle make me grin every time I see them!
I am liking the look of Korral.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Both of your projects are wonderful... wow that's a lot of blanket stitching! So cute.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love the Kattle. That must be Buggy Barn! I did the chickens a few years ago! Oh and the dogs.

Margaret said...

the cows are very cute

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The hand work on the cows will be worth it! It is very cute and you don't see tons of quilts that you have to cut out with scissors and do hand work as much anymore so that makes it seem even more special! Cheers! Evelyn