Design Wall Monday, August 12, 2013

Once Krazy Kattle was down from my Design Wall...Korral was put up.  I had all the 9-patches done just waiting for the Design Wall space.  This project needed quite a bit of arranging.  It did get quite complicated making sure the 9-patches were oriented correctly.  At one point I had two of them wrong and it was a real challenge to find where the wrong ones were located.  After that delay sewing the diagonal rows together was a breeze.  Korral is my 2013 August UFO.  I am anxious to get this one done so I can get in a few other projects the last half of the month.
I have the wreaths to assemble on the Deck-Ade The Halls project.  I don't want this one to get behind.  On the 19th another piece of the project will be released.  The next social at Jennifer's will be on the 28th to share our progress and I will want to be up-to-date.
Later this week I plan on getting back to Wendy's L-Medallion project.  I hope you are achieving your goals and having as much fun in your sewing room as I am.  There are lots more projects to be seen at Patchwork Times today.

8 comments:

Betty said...

Yes, you now have something to keep the cows in! Korral is another beauty, since blue is not your favorite fabric, you did an awesome job. I really like it.

Janet O. said...

Oh, I love it! Not as complex a design as many you have made this year, but what an impact color placement can make. Blue is one of my favorites--and I love green, too. I think they are so soothing together and this makes me think of forests and meadows with their green carpet and blue sky!

Janet O. said...

: ) I just read your Mom's comment. Very cute!

Mary said...

Love the Blues. Great way to use your stash of them. You must have liked them when you bought them. Thanks for sharing.

Sue Daurio said...

Love the blues and greens together. those nine patches with that one little green square would have driven me crazy, I certainly would have had more than two going the wrong way! Great quilt!

Britt said...

This is so striking, love it! I see one block turned the wrong way in the second picture, bottom of the quilt on the left side. Hopefully you already caught that.

Kathie said...

Very pretty, do you ever sleep?

Gari in AL said...

Korral is beautiful. but mostly I am jealous of the fact that you are up to date on Deck-ade the Halls. I have the ornaments cut out but that is how far I have gotten. I keep saying I am going to get caught up and then either quilt or knit instead. :-(