Sunday Stash Report, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day!  Dad loves his new golf shoes...what a pose!  Hope they give you lots of great games...



I have a finish YIPPEE to report.  Kloudburst is done!  Kloudburst is my June 2013 UFO #9 with 52Quilts.com.  Oh is it satisfying to have a completion...  I did have to beef up my purchased stats a bit to finish it, but only by a 1/2 yard.  The inner border just wasn't to be had in my stash.


Since I was at Beverlys finding the right fabric for Kloudburst; my next project Kaskade needed some medium greens.  Well you may remember that I've been using my green stash lately hence medium greens are not among fabrics in my green tote...  Another purchase, but these 1/2 yard pieces will be used up real soon.  Sometimes you just have to purchase to use your stash.  This was one of those times.

Last up are the fabrics for the second Ice Cream quilt for the 1st/2nd graders of Moore, OK.  I'm going to use the Project Linus pattern put out by Quiltmaker Jan/Feb 2006 for this one.



Saturday brought Connie's HSTs.  I really like the rich colors she used in her blocks.  Everyone is beating the due date...just a few more to receive before I can sort them all out and send them back.




So for this week I have two stats to change.  Not a bad week...how was yours?


Used this week:  14 yards
Used YTD:  193.25 yards
Purchased this week:  2.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  49.75 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  143.5 yards

There are more quilters using their fabrics...or purchasing more for projects that they are inspired to make.  See the several links at Patchwork Times.  Enjoy your Sunday!


3 comments:

bets said...

It's lovely!! But I have to ask (before you get Kloudburst quilted), is the "off" HST in the lower right hand corner block turned on purpose? I know some quilters like to put one thing imperfect. Just making sure you intended it before it's quilted! in case...

Love the ice cream quilt!
Still crossing my fingers Kurry is next on the UFO list. I'm bogged down in my Briar Patch, though it is coming along. :)

Cheers...
Betsy

Janet O. said...

I think the black/red/background combination is one of my favorites. Makes such classy looking quilts--like this one.
Betsy has a good eye. I never would have noticed that triangle.
Fabrics for the upcoming projects look great!

Sooli said...

A lovely quilt, great job on getting it finished this month. Love the colour combination.