Wednesday, March 9, 2011

For the most quilty news from my studio...Quiltmaker has announced my participation in one of their projects in the upcoming May/June Issue (no. 139).  I'll be the host of a Quilt-Along Mystery project designed by Debbie Caffrey.  This announcement was made with their Quilty News Newsletter on March 8.  I'm pretty excited and ready to go!  I hope you pick up the issue and find time to follow me online as I assemble my version (a fourth color way option).  My fabric selections are controlled scrappy and on the brighter side.  Check back for how to see my online project starting with my fabric selections.  I'll guide you through any hurdles you might encounter, and inspire you to take on a Mystery if you've been reluctant to try one OR hesitant to try another.

Today Sue and I continued the 2011 Cruisin' Quilters Shop Hop with Inspirations Quilt Shop in Valley Center.  This is a very nice shop in a more rural part of San Diego County (northeast).  I like the sounds and smells in the parking lot which is connected with a feed store that has roosters and chickens and who knows what else.  Their store has expanded in the past year allowing for more fabrics!  Quilter's Cottage in Fallbrook was next (most north part of the shop hop).  They have a great selection of batik fabrics here which never lack with neutrals.  Today I purchased a cheddar 100% cotton fabric to add to my growing collection for one of Bonnie Hunter's designs from her Scraps and Shirttails II book.  Bonnie has two of them in this book that suggest this yummy color.

Tomorrow we will continue the hop (and hopefully with Bonnie too) traveling to the northwest part of the county at Aretoy, Starry Night Hollow and Quilt in a Day.  Friday we plan on the last three shops of the 16 participating; Fat Quarters Quilt Shop Quilter's Paradise, and Bits & Pieces.  More on those shops and my purchases in future posts.

Here's the FREE block patterns so far in keeping with the 2011 Cruisin' Quilters Shop Hop theme "Its a Zoo Out There!"
Zebra Stars, Bears, Giraffes, Bunnies, Owls, Monkeys, Tigers, Lions, Cows, and Crows OH MY!

With just an hour before bedtime I should be able to get done with Krimson Khat's binding.  Come back soon for more information on the QM Mystery and my last shops of this year's Cruisin' Quilters San Diego's Shop Hop.

3 comments:

Marj said...

The free patterns are awesome. I love the bunny.

Betty said...

I am so proud of you for being asked for the QM Mystery Quilt Host. I am sure you will have a lot of followers.
Looks to me that you will be having a zoo quilt in the future?

Mary Ann said...

Fantastic! Congratulations :-)