Design Wall Monday, January 18, 2021


 I had fun with Mom on Sunday putting all 16 blocks on the wall for Krooked Kreek during a FB video chat.  The size I am making is 16 blocks rather than 25 blocks in Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek design.  I felt it necessary to remake one set of eight of the HSTs that you can see in the corners.  The gray was just too light for my liking.  She did caution us on this...

It is sort of funny that I ended up needing to purchase some paint at Sherwin-Williams on Saturday so while I was there the paint chips were found which Bonnie mentioned in the beginning of this mystery.  I did okay with the five fabrics (green, gold, orange, red, and gray) except for the gold and orange.  These two, especially the orange, I went a bit brighter.  They still have the fall colors...just the beginning of fall when the colors of the leaves are the brightest.

There is no room on my Design Wall for the border and sashing pieces until the blocks are sewn together, so the sewing table has the start of them.  The "hole" is where one of the blocks will go.

I started the Mystery knowing it was going to be smaller.  Half of the units were made.  Since the design will take another two blocks; two more were made and there is more to be made of the gray sashing unit (gray strings you can see above between the red rectangles.  Today's sewing is making ten more of these units.  The last and final border is also gray strings.  Guess I will be making lots of gray strings over the next few days.

Hope that today you think about honoring Martin Luther King's memory and his mission.  We definitely could use more unity, peace, and kindness.  Enjoy your sewing=^.^=


3 comments:

Betty said...

Yes it was fun watching you put those blocks together. You sure do have a way with colors. I have to rely on solids and prints. Your colors go so well together. The mystery will be so nice.

Janet O. said...

That sounds like fun for you and your Mom!
I like your brighter colors. Fall colors can be very bright and that is when it is at its best.

AnnetteJ said...

Sandi, please send me your new email address. I carefully set your Christmas letter away somewhere safe - you know that "safe" place - and so can't reply. Annette