Design Wall Monday, August 21, 2017

I am a long way from having the August project complete, but work on it I am!  I haven't yet found the fabric that will replace the pink you see.  Once I have found the right blue a maize color will be selected.  Until that time I am working on the pinwheel blocks.
These are the bonus triangles that I have been using.  This group comes from the huge bag Debra gave me a few months back that will work for Kutarug.
For now I'm working on purple.  These are in the hour glass unit waiting for trimming to 1 1/2".  Pressing is a must to get these to nest correctly for the next steps.
Here I have the 1 1/2" units sewn into the pinwheel block.  Pressing again!
These are the finished units.  No other colors will be added, but there will be the purple and lots of these.  Presently I am calculating around 500 pinwheel blocks to make the king size quilt that is planned.
Yes I Love Quilting!  Have a terrific week...and protect your eyes today if you plan to gaze at the eclipse.

No comments: