Thursday, September 20, 2012



Hope your week's been good so far. Several quilting sisters have been making blocks to present to Susan for her big birthday...one of those that end in a zero! Susan likes fairies so we made blocks in four different designs with that theme in mind. We gave her the special gift just yesterday. She was so happy! I don't have the best of photographs, but hopefully she'll share a picture when she has the project assembled. These are the four patterns we used.


Kollinwood Konnections is the first of the three quilts to put binding down. I figured I would start with the largest of the three. I'm on the last long side now. I should be able to finish it tonight. Next to work on will be Klowning. I've got the binding machine stitched down and ready to go.

During all the binding projects I have been thinking about what I'll take to work on at the quilting retreat that starts next week for three days. There are eight of us attending this year. It would be nice to finish a few projects that I have started instead of something new like I usually do. My Bonnie Hunter Crabapple project from the swap just turned in a couple of months ago might be the project or perhaps I'll just get busy on one of the last two UFOs for 2012 with Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Susan's blocks are so super great, I know that she was beside herself when she recieved them. Can't wait to see what she does with them. Tears, tears that I am not sharing with you in the retreat. However I will be ready for the next one.....