Design Wall Monday, December 27, 2010

As 2010 draws to a close I'm working on Bonnie Hunter's current mystery called Roll, Roll Cotton Boll.  Bonnie has released up to Clue 6 so far with two more to go.  I have all the sewing done where we combined Clue 1 with the brown triangle on both sides and assembling Clue 5 into units of 5.  I am at the pressing and dog ear snipping part.  Sure has had me at the ironing board for awhile.  You can see that I have quite a bit done, but loads more to go.  I have decided to call my quilt project Kotton.  This name seems to be very suitable as it keeps with the project's name.  Here's what Kotton Clue 6 looks like as I begin my Monday.






I will be getting to Clue 4 and the last Clue 5 of Old Tobacco Road when I have all of Kotton's Clue 6 finished.  Photos of my Old Tobacco Road project will be posted soon.

Check out other Design Walls today via Judy's Patchwork Times website.

8 comments:

Betty said...

I know what you will be doing on your week off!
I like the name you picked for your quilt, "Kotton" fits in perfect with your K's. Hope you don't get those mysterys mixed up. lol

Kathie said...

Ok, the first picture looks like design "mess" lol, what a lot of little pieces. I bet it is going to be beautiful when you get it together. Congrats on all your quilty gifts. I actually didn't get any but thread this year, think the family was tired of getting me quilt gift certificates for EVERY gift giving occasion. I got a kindle though so having fun with that.

Teaquilts said...

Great job on the mystery quilt. It's a lot of sewing of many, many units and you have done an excellent job keeping up. I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Judy D in WA said...

I love your photos. I can't wait to see how these clues all go together...it is a mystery for sure!

Angie in SoCal said...

Phew! That's a lot of pieces. I admire all you ladies who make these mysteries. I've made one and it's a lot of work.

Sure it will be a beauty.

AnnieO said...

Your work so far looks terrific--she really has people going trying to figure out how this is all going together :) It is an astounding amount of cutting and sewing and ironing and snipping when Bonnie does these mysteries! I have downloaded the clues and gathered some fabric but have not started yet.

Alycia said...

Oh My Gosh - you have been sewing like crazy!!

Karen (Misiz C) said...

I'm impressed...you are such a prolific quilter. Hoping to catch up on RRCB myself by Friday...on step 5 right now. Can't wait to see yours...hopefully at Canyon..I have to work the night of Sunshine.