Design Wall Monday, March 18, 2024

 

Another UFO completed.  This Truck of the Month July by Erica Made is so cute.  It will fit perfectly in my kitchen nook.  I've been wanting to finish this for a long time.  It has been cut out just waiting its time under the needle.  So here it is!


I also had inspiration that Kerry would like this too.  So I made one for her in her favorite color RED.

This one is for my friend Ray.  He is into antique cars and has a yellow one.  I set this aside for his birthday that was in October. It soon will be gifted to him once quilted.  All three of these will be headed off to Kerry for her magic before the end of the week.

I won the Sunshine's Block of the Month coordinated by Hallie.  These are the blocks received with some leftover to make another block pink center block units.  I will be playing around with a complementary layout in coming days.

Both Story Book Quilt projects returned from Kerry quilted.  Look close at the cute owl pattern that was found by Anne Bright called Who's There.  Thread selected shows up the design well on the teal flannel that was also used for the backing.  There are two of these to bind when I return from my visit to parents and sister.  I also have the binding for Kilowatts to finish...Love the binding!!

I am also working to have the Baby Ducks done along with the Truck quilts and my Sunshine 2023-2024 UFO (a surprise due in May) in the mail to Kerry for quilting by Friday.  I am ready for Thursday sewing to put the sashing together and cut a backing.  Wish me luck!

My next post will be from Maryland as I travel on Saturday.  I'm excited to see parents and sister.  Perhaps my brother-in-law, niece/family, and nephew/girlfriend will be around to visit with too.  Happy Spring everyone =^.^=



2 comments:

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

Great post, busy beaver

Janet O. said...

Very cute truck blocks. Good of you to share the fun!
Pretty red/pink blocks. Will be interested to see what you do with them.
Enjoy your time with family--and safe travels!