Sunday Stash Report, May 28, 2023

 

Let me start with more completions from this week.  Having time to sew and lots of it to dig into my UFOs (and Mom's) makes me happy.  The top one is Hopes & Dreams from Quiltmaker Magazine Jan/Feb 2008.  It is paper pieced, but real simple.  It was introduced as the Project Linus project that year.  I thought Mom would enjoy the challenge, but alas that wasn't to be.  I brought it home with me in April from a visit to my parents home.  The border fabric was one that I had in my stash (go figure, cat fabric in my stash LOL).  There was enough for the back as well.  Not sure what I'll do with the binding fabric...leaning towards yellow.  It was started in earnest at the recent quilt retreat I attended.  There were a few more blocks that it needed to get to the size I wanted.  Done!
This isn't one that has been sitting around, but those cat blocks were gifted at the quilt retreat by Marilyn begged to be made into something!  Marilyn gave me four and thanks to Jean and Pam for gifting me their four.  It comes together well with the browns and leftover teals from the challenge project I submitted last month.  It isn't a big project by any means, a size that works nicely for a few spots in my home.  I also get to use for the back a fabric that has been in my stash for years.

I have also finished the applique work on the block I submitted at the retreat.  It is so cute I almost want to keep it for myself.  The winner of all the bird blocks was Karen and I will be arranging to give it to her sometime this week.


No new fabrics came into my home this week.  I did get a set of templates to make the cutest Story Book Quilt Project(s).  Sadly the company failed to send directions for making the "book" so I emailed their support office hoping to get a quick response and recipe.  We shall see what transpires.  I do have some finishes this week to account for that you will see in my new stash count!  Check back tomorrow for the patriotic inspired project that I have been stitching.

Used this week: 7 yards 
Used YTD: 66.5 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards 
Purchased YTD: 41.75 yards
Net used in 2023: 24.75 yards

Happy Birthday to my long time friend Sue.  Hope your day is fabulous...

1 comment:

Betty said...

Your projects are great. Really like the fabrics in the cat top. The borders really light up the blocks. Like the first one as well, very colorful These quilts will make someone mighty happy.