Design Wall Monday, May 1, 2023

 



Today Karen and I (mostly Karen) tried to accomplish a real cute gift for the gals at the quilting retreat that is on my schedule in May.  We were on the purchase hunt up until nearly the time to meet up with Austin.  We ran into a few bumps along the way so this cute gift will be for next year instead. ( There will be more on the retreat as that time draws closer.)  Do you wonder why the cricket?  Well she has a cricket machine that was doing the job, but not really...hence the bumps!
A chance to catch up with Austin at the restaurant he manages and a growling tummy came next in the day.  It was a great meal at Good Eats Emporium.  At the table dining was Karen, Scott, and me.  Austin sat with us for a while, but he is the manager and that's what needed to be done.  I'm so happy for him that he's found something he likes doing and it looks like the workers respect him in his position.  That is always a good thing.

Tomorrow is the flight back to home.  Anxious to have a project to work on during the 4 1/2 hours it will take to get there.  Tim will pick me up at the curb and there will be two waiting for me at home.  I'm sure to have two shadows for the next few days.



No comments: