Design Wall Monday, May 15, 2023

 



This was the first project to work on at the retreat.  This stringy block finishes at 6".  It was one made to use up scraps that Mom didn't get around to stitching.  Frankly the idea of paper piecing scared her away.  I got about 20 blocks done before I moved away from it to one of the other four projects I took up with me.  I am thinking 30 blocks should make a nice sized charity quilt.  Check out the cute white triangle.  Good for a child's project.  Heavens know I have lots of scraps that will make this one easy to bring together.  I also have a very cute border fabric to use and maybe enough of it for the back.

Next to work on and finish the top is this cutie for my home.  It will go with the seasonal small quilts that are displayed in the secretary nook by the kitchen.  The back will be he same as the outside border and the binding will be the print used in the stem.

This the third to work on and one that I wanted most to finish.  I haven't selected a back yet and the antennae, eyes nor the cute smirk of a smile is done for the caterpillars that crawl around the pinwheel center.  This will go for a first time coworker dad and his daughter Ripley.  Ripley is about a month old right now.  I guarantee she will have it before she begins to crawl. 


 Last to sew was the Sunshine May BOM coordinated by Marilyn.  She kitted all the fabrics except the comb that I grabbed from Sherri's scrap container.  Funny that I'll be cutting out another chicken block for my Mom's guild May BOM too.

I didn't have time to sew more projects, but I did cut this kit that has been in my stash for about a year.  All fabrics except the back included.  In the end only one project didn't get touched another Halloween project.  It too won't collect dust for too long!

Had a wonderful time and looking ahead to the next retreat in May 2024 with this fun group of like minded souls!

No comments: