2019 At A Glance, January 1, 2020

Projects from my sewing room in 2019 are 33; a straw pouch, a mug rug, and a string basket among them.


Continuing the trend of using the fabric I have in my stash, 142 yards of cotton moved under my needle in projects throughout the year.  Yes, there were some purchases, but these were done to get through my UFO list of 2019 and the projects that kept creeping into my sewing room!  

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 142.25 yards (2018, 138.75 yards)
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 68 yards (2018, 44 yards)
Net used in 2019: 74.25 yards (2018, 94.75 yards)

In comparison with 2018 I "Used" more, I "Purchased" more and "Produced" less...now how has this happened?

As you have come to expect there are a few crazy names attached to my 2019 projects.  Knock Kneed was one of the fun projects.  This one by Elizabeth Hartman.  I didn't make it in her colors and the black flamingo was a must.  There really are black flaminos!  The fabrics of this project led to several purchases as my stash didn't include many of the peachy pinks it had to have. 

I have been incorporating wool into my projects.  This one called Kurling brings in more of the miniatures and the wool that I've been drawn to recently.

I ended the year with five 2019 UFO projects to complete.  Each one of these are at the top of my list along with the 12 that I will get done in 2020!  No fooling around in 2020...stay the path.  Easy to say and write, but altogether difficult to achieve.  These are the ones to finish in 2020 left over from my 2019 UFO list: Fit to Frame (still needing a "K" name") shown, Kadaddel, Kropper, Krispin, and Kloves.  I am determined to stay on track!

2020 UFO List: Kavort, Kandles, Shamrock Table Runner, Kopernikus, Kweens, Kandi, Sunshine 2017 January BOM Win, Kolor Katchers, Koils, Klarchen, Kollective Kolors, and Karefree.

This first day of 2020 has me at Part 4 of Bonnie Hunter's 2019 Mystery.  My project will be called Kavort.  I can't resist a Bonnie Hunter Mystery =^.^=

As always I look forward to your help in naming my projects with the must "K"!  I close this year hoping there are more finishes in 2020.  Happy New Year!


No comments: