Sunday Stash Report, January 26, 2020


This can be what happens at Road to California Quilt Show!  Guess what?  It did to me...  Kerry and I had a great time Wednesday evening through Saturday classing and buying at the 2020 Convention along with thousands more.  The atmosphere in Ontario, California was certainly one of sewing.



Wednesday night was our first class that was a mystery With Pat Yamin.  Here's me at work and what my project will end up looking like.  This was my first experience with a kit laser cut.  The edges of the fabric were scorched a bit, but this will be hidden in the seams.  The part that bothers me most is the smell of burnt fabric.  We were assured that this would go away with the "airing" of the pieces.  To open the box the kit came in is certainly a surprise.  The class was from 6pm to midnight.  Yes, we stayed until then =^.^=

Thursday we spent the morning admiring every one's work.  Very spectacular quilts stitched by some very talented women.  I hope that I will be among them with something from my sewing room soon.  After viewing the lovely quilts we shopped until we dropped!  This is the cotton and wool that I purchased.


Friday was our second and final class.  Jelly Roll Dresden by Anelie Belden.  I was at work cutting the units at this point.  My blocks completed and the layout I'll use called Split Blade.  The goal for the 8:30 to 6:30 instruction was to get four blocks completed which we were both successful.

So this week the status roll higher for purchased.  I won't be including any wool purchases.  My working with wool will mostly be through kits.  I will be more involved with in the coming years with this medium.  My whopping start to the year now has me in the red.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  10 yards
Purchased this week:  5.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  10.5 yards
Net used in 2020: -.5 yards

2 comments:

Betty said...

Glad that you and Kerry had a great time at the RTC show. Showing some nice things in your blog. I am sure it won’t be long for a completion.

Anita said...

It was almost like being there, seeing your post! Glad you and Kerry had a great time. I do love that split Dresden, it is one of my "to do" projects.