Design Wall Monday, July 29, 2019

The top is together.  It finishes at 43" by 57".  Now it is time to calculate the outer border.
I really want to use this triangle design.  Right now the units are 3" unfinished.  What I need to figure out is if the triangle design can be made smaller or the string outer border be trimmed down so that it will fit.
I have upon the wall two border possibilities.  The triangle design which follow the flying geese design in the block.  Of course I could take the easy way which might be the best.  I'll be giving the triangle design a bit of thought...

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

I like the strings, thinking they make a solid edge to that wonderful design.

Janet O. said...

This is a very fun design. Feels like a playground for the eyes. That said, to me the string border is like the bench where you sit to rest at the edge of the playground.

Betty said...

Sooo nice, now that you are show casing the whole quilt i have. Changed my mind. I like the strings best. Really makes the design pop.

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerry's Quilting said...

I vote for the strings! Makes the blocks stand out.

kwiltnkats said...

Strings rule...and it is much easier to calculate the size. Thanks for all your thoughts. Now to think of a name.