Design Wall Monday, July 22, 2019

This is one of my favorite blocks.  I love the font and the background fabric.  
I have one block more to assemble that will go next to the purple spool of thread at the bottom.  I am seriously thinking to remake the nine-patch block.  It just sticks out way too much from the others.  Possibly a change from the green to the black/white check that is in the arrow block.  It reads darker than the whites that surround it and might just balance the use of the fabric from other parts of the top.  I also might change out the white scissors on the black background.  Why didn't the white in the scissors stand out as envisioned...but it is pretty clear it did not happen.  As I mentioned yesterday the trick with this project has been the fabrics.

Happy Place is a pattern by Swirly Girl Designs from a class taken at Road to California earlier this year.  Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

A lot of work there, in my eyes, the scissors on the black are OK but the green ones blend into the background and do not stand out so well.Love those spools and the words, this is a tribute to all your quilting right there.