Design Wall Monday, June 17, 2019

Yes it is Thursday, June 20...  I've been working all week getting Winter-ific finished.  I wanted to show it to you done.  Tonight is the night that happened.  Finally my 2018 UFO List is complete.  This little one at 22" square needs a "K" name still.  I'm going through my list of saved up names to see what might work; unless you have an idea...
The rest of the week Sunshine Quilt Guild's 2020 Opportunity Quilt will be assembled.  I examined the layout that was at the retreat in May and believe I have it just the way it was (with a few changes).  I trimmed down the wool applique blocks and the 1/4" seams are going to be a challenge without having to remove any of the work.  I will prevail =^.^=.  Jo has offered her help and I still might reach out to her.  Forgotten about all the yo-yos that need attaching between the seams of the outside border!  A back needs to be procured yet and then Kerry will work her quilting magic.  It shows at the San Diego Quilt Show late in August when it will also have tickets offered.

DH is celebrating a birthday Saturday.  At least half of his gift has arrived.  Enjoy your week what's left of it.


3 comments:

Betty said...

Love the snowmen, the mini quilt is so cute, looking forward to seeing the completed opportunity quilt finished. It is beautiful. You failed to mention wool appliqué. Lovely

Janet O. said...

I really like the snowman quilt. That is a hard one name wise. Things like Kold Komrades, or Kool Krystals come to mind, but I'm sure there are more creative options out there.
That will be a really special opportunity quilt!

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo, congrats on your final 2018 finish! It is a really cute quilt too! Good luck assembling the opportunity quilt - it is always a challenge putting together lots of different sewer’s blocks.