Design Wall Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Monday once again.  This time the first one in May.  Hard to believe that we are already into the fifth month of 2012...where does the time go?  Wish it could be in my sewing room more often...how about you?



Today starts off with Kamile on my design wall and all over my sewing table in various states.  You can see that I've got three done.  Another eight are cut into the pieces that will make the block with the paper pieced unit done.  For these the next step is making the HSTs.  The fabrics below are for more flowers.  I've got the blooms matched up and I'll vary the dark/light fabrics with them.  I still have 20 more to cut and sew to get to the 31 that are needed for the project.  This is a Quiltmaker pattern from the March/April 2011 issue called Perennial Petals.


The rest of the week will be a busy one for me.  Tuesday night its Sunshine Quilt Guild Monthly Meeting.  Our Guest Speaker is Pat Speth.  Pat is known for her use of 5" squares; the "Nickel Lady".  Wednesday I will be taking a day long class with her making her design Dawn to Dusk.  The pattern can be found in her book More Nickel Quilts.  I will be making mine various blacks with a beige background.  All from my stash hopefully.

Hope your week is a nice one.  Love to hear that you stopped by.  There is more to see via the links at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Denise :) said...

I agree...the older I get, the faster time seems to pass. I've often thought that it should work the other way around. It should go faster when we're young and impatient, and slower when we're old enough to appreciate each moment we have! Your Kamile is going to be gorgeous. That's a lot of HST's! Are you using any particular method to piece them? Have fun at your guild meeting tonight!! Sounds like a fun speaker! :)

Karen S said...

oooh -- I love the colors you're using. Those blocks are really nice!

Janet O. said...

This is going to be such a gorgeous quilt!
I have that Pat Speth book--I'll have to go look up the pattern and see what you will be making. How fun to have a day to sew with her!

Jennifer Thomas said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. It always makes me smile when I get a comment from you. The new blocks you are making look fantastic, as always. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this quilt next week. I've seen this in Quiltmaker, too - love your take on it. Have a super day!

Debbie said...

Love those blocks...looks like it will be a stunning quilt.

Kate said...

Sometimes it seems like we have a time warp as the year progresses, the later it gets, the faster it goes.

Love your Kamile blocks. Gorgeous!

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty blocks. Looks like tons of components in this but such wonderful results.