Design Wall Monday, November 1, 2010

Here we are a brand new month. One that brings in gatherings of friends and family celebrating thankfulness of harvest--heck we are talking pumpkin time. I like just about anything pumpkin! From the color orange to carving them for Halloween. From pumpkin cheese cake at Claim Jumper to the delicious pumpkin muffins that Mimi's serves up. I must not forget to mention the great bagels at Bruggers. Oh my, can you tell I love pumpkin?

I had so much fun serving the Trick or Treaters last night. One of the more clever was an I-Pod! Of course nothing like the princesses, Supermans, and Spidermans. Not many witches or warlocks came knocking at my door, but I did have a gorilla. We had just enough candy to go around--which is a good thing for our waist lines.

I spent the better part of Sunday working on Kreamed Korn in between the usual weekly chores, lunch and dinner making along with the clean up of the kitchen afterwards. Komotion and Kaos had their nails trimmed as wells as their usual Sunday combing. It was a beautiful day that I started off with a brisk morning walk. The weather is just perfect.

Kreamed Korn is coming along nicely. I have most of it together; what remains is the assembly of the major block. I have a few more oranges to locate still. I did find two potential light border fabrics which I plan to audition once the layout is determined. I still have a dark border and binding to find along with the backing. So here's a sample of what's happening with my project.

Check out other Design Walls by going to www.patchworktimes.com.

11 comments:

Kathie said...

I absolutely love this quilt and I don't even like orange that much. Think I might have to make it in purple one day.

As for anything pumpkin I agree with you there love it all (except pumpkin pie) but you forgot my favorite... pumpkin latte from dunkin donuts!!!

Denise :) said...

How pretty! I love your oranges. I fell in love with orange last fall, and bought tons of random FQ's! LOL! I look forward to seeing your continued progress! :)

Chris said...

This just looks like a fun quilt.

We didn't get many Trick or Treaters so now I am stuck with loads of candy my hips just don't need LOL

Bonnie said...

The quilt is looking good. I posted my stash statistics this morning also. Almost breaking even on coming in and going out. Phew.

AnnieO said...

Nice progress on the orange goodness (pumpkin colored!) We had tons of trick or treaters as usual, 10 bags worth of candy ran out by 8:30 pm so we blew out the pumpkin and turned off the porch light! I did have to reserve some of my favorite lollies--caramel apple pops. Yumm!

Nina Marie said...

First of all my daughter says Halloween is the best holiday since when else can you be a princess and get free candy?? Secondly - can't wait to see where this quilt ends - lovin' it so far!!

Betty said...

I really like it, of course orange is one of my favorite colors, along with teal. Like the pattern.

Teaquilts said...

Love the quilt and the name, Kreamed Korn. I too like orange, okay, okay, anything bright.

Barb in Mi said...

I really like Kreamed Korn! Is this one of Judy's pattern?

Gari in AL said...

I, too love pumpkin and orange. I hate creamed corn but really like your Kreamed Korn.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's lovely! I really like this design and every time I see someone is making it, I want to start one too!