Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's still raining in San Diego...much more than a drizzle. We've had lightening and thunder and intermittent down pours since Sunday. Rain, rain go away! Enough is enough, bring back paradise....

Step 3 is done! This is just part of the blocks from Step 3. I've pictured all the different colored options that I'll get to arrange with the other two steps.

Now all three steps are done. 20 applique flower blocks from Step 1, 31 flying geese blocks from Step 2, and the 50 strip blocks from Step 3. I've not spent much time arranging yet, but will get to it the later part of the week. There are nine rows with the quilt finishing at 65" x 80". I just may have a finished top on Sunday! Kollette sure is looking pretty. It's back to the design wall for me. Assembly should go fast. I'm thinking of a dense all over quilting stitch. An off white thread will probably be my choice as I've got an off white backing. The lime green Batik is what was provided in the kit for the binding which works for me. This was a fun project and my last of five 2010 UFO Patterns.
Already starting to think of what's next to work on.

5 comments:

Betty said...

Sure is quiet and cold here. Looking forward to seeing your project finished. You sure do have a lot of half triangles. How is your sewing room holding up after your addition?

kwiltnkats said...

Shelf is still on the wall. Did I tell you that I painted it with white enamel? I've got lots of knick knacks on it now, still need to raise the smaller items up.

scraphappy said...

What great colors. You can just tell that this will be a finished quilt that will make you want to smile. Can't wait to see it all together.

Sue V said...

Hey Sandi,
I love you Kollette Quilt, very nice. And thank you for my morning glory block. I think this row will be a nice addition to my quilt.
Sue

Kathie said...

Wow, so pretty, I love it.