Thursday, November 4, 2010

My post is late this week. It is Thursday and happens to be one more full day of work :(! Pays the bills and provides health benefits as well as retirement. One day....

I've not been very productive this week.

I spent Monday evening pulling out fabrics for the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery--had more than I thought of the chocolate browns. My quilting buddy Kerry and I will be pooling our stashes together for this project. Each of us want a smaller quilt so we'll be splitting the project in half. I've got the lions share of the pinks and probably chocolate browns. We'll combine our stash for the greens and neutrals. Finally, we'll have to figure out what to do with the constant red--sounds like a purchase is inevitable.

Tuesday evening was consumed locating and cutting fabrics for the remaining 27 component blocks for the 12" blocks needed for Kreamed Korn. Still not enough--that's when my buddy Sue on Thursday came to the rescue with some of her stash!

Wednesday I didn't do anything related to my beloved hobby. I had an unfortunate accident involving the leftover grease from frying up corn tortillas for tacos. Darn if I didn't spill the very hot liquid on my left hand finger tips. Och! Spent most of the night under COLD running water and then hand upright with Noxzema covered fingers enjoying the latest Karate Kid movie (the 2 1/2 hour movie was really good).

Today brought the BAE Systems Quilters monthly meeting. This fun group of quilters shares our lunch break exchanging projects and show and tell. I provided Shelly her 2010 Block Exchange Project the Mississippi Wheel of Fortune that I've spoken about on recent posts. Tonight I've ironed with lots of starch the orange scraps Sue brought in for Kreamed Korn. Cut them and finished sewing all 27 component blocks. Ready for tomorrow where at lunchtime Bonnie, Sue and I will have fun laying all the component blocks out into 30 12" squares (each one comprised of one 12" and three 4 1/2" blocks). Let me say that it is a great way to break the day job!

I'm looking towards assembling Kreamed Korn this weekend. The border fabric selection still to be decided upon along with the scrappy back. All in good time...

Sorry no photos today, but look for something on Sunday.

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

I am glad you are going to do the Bonnie Hunter mystery. I have been looking forward to this one and am pulling scraps as well. So sorry about your hand, it sounds painful.

Kathie said...

Ouch, that sounds painful. Glad it didn't seem to stop you for long. You sure accomplish a lot every night and wow a quilting group at work, thats great.