Sunday Stash Report, October 20, 2024

 

This is the setting I have decided upon for stitchery blocks made by my Grandma Alice.  Grandma Alice is probably where my love of quilting spurred.  My Mom's Mom is Grandma Alice.  I am like here; always needing to keep my hands busy.  My Mom believes these were stitched sometime after she left home so the timeframe could be late 1940s to early 1950s.  So let us say these are about 75 years old.  The Kim Diehl setting triangle fabric goes well with them.  I am attempting to bring these 18" blocks into a modern time without taking away from them.  My add this week is mostly due to the sashing and binding for this project.  This project will go to my niece Tiffany in remembrance of her Great Grandma.


The two brown fabrics will be the sashing and binding for Grandma Alice's project.  The stars are just because =^.^=

I had anticipated working on Kendra, but changed my mind wanting to sew it all on the same sewing machine.  Therefore...I picked up Christmas Candy Dish to work on during the past Friday's sewing at Rosie's.  There are eight different candy canes and eight different peppermint blocks.  The blocks have a few more units needing to be attached to complete the block.  I plan to work on these today.  This project is yet to be named.  Visit tomorrow to see my progress.
 
Used this week: 0 yards 
Used YTD: 216.75 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 110 yards
Net used in 2024: 106.75 yards



No comments: