Design Wall Monday, October 7, 2024

 

Forest Friends started.  I am on the Lilly pad as you can see.  Frankly, I was sort of surprised the frog was electric blue.  The words to all 12 blocks will be in the Lilly pad thread color.  


I spent most of the day getting ready for the Sunshine BOM hand out to be worked over the next month.  I only made ten kits because participation hasn't been that great.  This is a paper pieced pattern which keeps some quilters away.  It can be made in two sizes 12 1/2 or 6 1/2 inch.  There is an optional holly applique that I have adorned to the 6 1/2 inch block.  Hoping to get similar fabrics with everyone who participates a few useable sized fabrics are included with each kit. 

A friend sent me as a birthday gift this fun book that arrived today.  We are planning a lunch in the near future.  It has been a while since being together.  Our friendship goes back to the mid 80's.

My brother lives in Tampa so a bit of a worry for him and my sister-in-law as they navigate through Hurricane Melvin.  They are quite a bit inland from the Gulf of Tampa so they would likely only have strong wind and lots of rain.  He has prepared his home and pantry for a bad experience and is not in the mandatory evacuation zone.  Fingers crossed all will be good for them and his home.

Tomorrow is October Sunshine Quilt Guild meeting.  All set with my first meeting of the year since I was in Maryland for the September meeting.  It is an Ice Cream Social =^.^=


No comments: