Design Wall Monday, October 19, 2020

The extra background purchased for Irelyn's quilt worked out to be right (or so I hoped) for the third Gray Stone Farm project that will be made.  This one doesn't have a home, but will be on hand for when that announcement comes around.  When I got to cutting the background low and behold it was a bit short...urgh!  Being a new fabric a quick purchase remedied this.  Now all I have to do is sew as much as I can and wait for 1/4 yard to arrive.  This is part of the 2020-2021 Sunshine Quilt Guild Challenge...  I need it completely done before the next meeting 2nd week of November or pay the penalty.  Gosh darn I am the coordinator so I can't have that happen =^.^=

There are two blocks.  I have enough and all sewn of the block on the left.  The right blocks are sewn up to the fabric I'm short of.  Hurry Laundry Basket Quilts!

I have sewn Irelyn's quilt together and at the "adding some enhancements" stage.  This is the first of three flowers that will be appliqued to it.  I've already discussed with Kerry the quilting pattern to look for and she will choose the right color thread.

I have Prairie Winds #12 UFO cut out so it might be that it comes under my needle this week.  These hands of mine don't stay idle!  Enjoy the week ahead.

2 comments:

Andee Neff said...

Very pretty in pinks or blues!

Janet O. said...

Nothing like pressure to set a good example. :)
I especially am liking the blues