Sunday Stash Report, April 21, 2019

Koldplay is finished.  I am both pleased with how it turned out and the size.  This is my first completion of 2019 UFOs.  I'm still working on 2018 UFOs; two of them Winter-ific and Knock Kneed.

As you can see I will be using lots of stash in the making of Knock Kneed.  I had thought about working on this one at the quilt retreat that is coming in May, but have decided against it.  There are just too many pieces to keep track of.  The flamingos start with a light color for the head and the legs darkest color.  I have mostly salmon and a few pinkish, yellowish, and redish.  Aren't these fabrics yummy?
Fabric 1
Fabric 2
Fabric 3
Fabric 4
Fabric 5
Fabric 6
From the stack of Fabric 4 I removed the top piece.  It just didn't belong.  Fabric 5 and Fabric 6 are my favorites.  The rest of today will be spent cutting the background fabric and auditioning my selections for each of the nine flamingos.  But for now I have them stacked as I think they might end up.  The lightest fabric is on top and the five remaining fabrics are in sequence with the darkest those lovely long legs and the knock knees which gave Janet O the inspiration for the great name of this project.

Flamingos 1-3
Flamingos 4-6
Flamingos 7-9
Nothing changes my stats this week.  =^.^=  Hope your Easter has been glorious.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  44.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  37 yards
Net used in 2019:  7.75 yards

2 comments:

Betty said...

Wow a selection of beautiful flamingo fabric. Each stack is just right. Great colors. Can’t wait to see progress of this one. Such thin and tiny
Legs. You will have fun on this one.

Janet O. said...

Koldplay looks wonderful!
Those are really yummy fabric for the Flamingos! And I agree that the top one is just too muddy for the other pretty colors. That looks like a very involved fabric selection process. I can see why this wouldn't be the best retreat project.