Sunday Stash Report, September 28, 2014

The days of September are nearing the end.  UFO is done for the month...YIPPEE!  It has even been quilted already.  Today I'm working on the binding.  This patriotic quilt will be donated to the Veterans.  It seems just right with the pattern name "Fourth of July", the fabric selection, and the quilting design.
Kadence
September 2014 UFO

I've been steady working on my Zuckerwatte project.  I have all the blocks done and only a little bit of the string outer border to finish before I start final assembly.


Zuckerwatte (yet to be named)

I had a little bit of enhancement this week on Monday when three of the five fabrics arrived from Buggy Barn's going out of business sale.  I'm sure these won't stay in my stash for too long.  Part of the Buggy Barn purchase was three books.  There are some real cute designs that you'll be seeing in days ahead.



For this week my stats for the last Sunday in September.  More using their stash in fun ways through the links at Patchwork Times.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD: 164.25 yards
Purchased this week:  3 yards
Purchased YTD: 143 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2014:  21.25 yards

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Zuckerwatte looks very pretty. What does that name mean, anyway?
Makes me think of a kaleidoscope, or cotton candy or a carnival, but I felt pretty sure you would have used those names long before now!

Joy D. said...

Janet, your comment made me look it up, and you are correct about it's meaning. Zuckerwatte is German for cotton candy. So thinking about the name for these, I came up with Kandisocker and Konfekt, which mean candy and confectionary in Swedish. That's my thought, but I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt and what Kwiltnkats come up with!