Friday, April 19, 2013

Kalahari
68" x 85"

Kalahari is complete.  This project is my April UFO with 52Quilts.com.  The pattern can be found in the book Spotlight on Neutrals by Pat Wys.  I really love how it turned out.  I used so many bits and pieces of scraps that I have too few pieces for a back.  I've looked through my stash and besides using favorite neutrals nothing that works.  I have a sizable piece for the binding...so now what?  I'm tending to think of "anything" in the colors cut into 10" squares.  I'll need about 80 squares if I go this route.  My golds are busting the sides of the tote bin out...gold would work.  I'll be thinking on this...  I'm ahead of the deadline by a couple of weeks...what next will I turn my attention on?    

I mentioned being nearly finished with Kilowatts earlier this week.  I did take the blocks in to pull paper during my lunch break.  While Bonnie and I were busy...it caught the attention of a coworker.  Needless to say she's asked to purchase it.  She does want it to be twin size instead of it's current size.  I will be making the same amount of blocks already made plus a couple along with more setting triangles.  Caught just in time for making it bigger.

I'll be spending the rest of my sewing day taking the dust off of another project.  I'm thinking  one of the 2011 UFOs that didn't get finished, Kartwheels.  It's a Judy Niemeyer design called Mariner's Star.  Yes, it is foundation paper piecing...what else would you expect from Judy?

Knoted is all set for hand stitching.  It has been a beautiful day, with tomorrow much the same.  I might just have to crank up the umbrella and enjoy some fresh air.


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wonderful finish on Kalahari. Gold would make a great backing, IMHO.
I hope you are getting a decent price for Kilowatts. Removing papers ups the price on anything, to me. : )

Betty said...

Happy for you that you sold Kilowatts, that is one great quilt. I am also loving Kalahari, your color combination is perfect.

Lynette said...

Love it! This is so fun and looks like it's dancing. :)

Sooli said...

Love this quilt, great work. I think a gold backing would work like a charm!

Susan said...

This was certainly my favourite quilt over at 52 quilts. I love it. well done.