Friday, December 7, 2012


Today my first sewing project was Sunshine Quilters Guild November 2012 BOM.  Make two of this Bonnie Hunter Playing With Jacks block.  First I went to my scraps and found the whites and blacks.  Next to my stash for the red.  Seems I never have red in my scraps.


I used my Bloc-Loc square up ruler for the HSTs.  I just love this speciality ruler.  You must get one for yourself if you don't have one.  Hope I win the drawing on Tuesday for all the blocks that are turned in.
 


Easy Street Step 3!


I pulled out the fabrics that are needed for Step 3.  We get to use the teal and turquoise fabrics for the first time.  I think I have way more than I need, but better to have the variety.


I cut out the pieces...  This project uses another favorite ruler of mine the Easy Angle.  Time now to sew!  Check in tomorrow for more progress.
 
Last to share today is my sister's quilt.  The maker and pattern are not known to me.  In September I learned of this quilt.  It was a quilt top that she'd had for sometime.  She couldn't remember how she came to have it.  I had it quilted and finished the binding earlier this week.  I think the maker got tired of making the outer red/blue pieced border.  Do you see the places where perhaps it should have continued?  Guess it's part of the charm. 


Take a moment today to remember our fallen heros from Pearl Harbor.  Thank you for the freedom that our military provides us each and every day. 


2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love my bloc-loc rulers--and I bought them after reading about them on your blog!

Betty said...

quilt came out great, I am sure Karen will be happy with it? I will hope you win the blocks, good luck.