Design Wall Monday, April 9, 2012

Back to the work week.  The weather sure has been wonderful which makes it hard to spend 9 hour days indoors :(!  I've got two things scheduled this week one is the dentist for a cleaning (not too bad) and the other is the April Sunshine Monthly Meeting. 

This month we made a pretty block for the BOM.  Done in purple, white, and a supplied yellow.  It's called a butterfly block.  I suppose the four patches on point are the butterflies.  I'm anxious to see all the other purples being used.

I'm continuing on Autumn Rush.  I've got seven more pink blocks to assemble.  There is a white pieced inner border, the piecing will be with more gray/white HSTs.  It appears that I got a little carried away making pink/white and teal/white HSTs...of well there is always another project that will use them.

I'll be checking my mail for a package from Keepsake Quilting this week as I'm expecting the background fabric to be delivered for my April UFO (Indigo).  I'll need to get going on this one right away...April is slipping right by.

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love that butterfly block. That would make a pretty quilt.

Pattilou said...

That butterfly block looks simple enough. The simple blocks sometimes make the most striking quilts. It'll be fun seeing your progress.

Anne said...

I Love your purple, white and yellow block! Those traditional blocks can be so stunning done up in more modern fabrics!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

I love the colors on both projects. They look great.

Mary L. said...

The block is one of my favorites and it goes by many names. Here's one of my posts about the block and quilts I've made with it.
http://quiltinginoz.blogspot.com/2011/02/block-6-richmond.html

Betty said...

I like the Butterfly block. The colors will all be purple and yellow? It certainly will make a beautiful quilt.