Design Wall Monday, July 29, 2024


Yes an empty Design Wall as the day started.  I was cutting the units most of the day for Flower Wall an Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts free pattern by Andover Fabrics.  I started out with a bunch of fabrics using primarily the scraps of Kache.  I added here and there and removed the fabrics where there wasn't enough to achieve the desired size; added in more and continued until there was nothing else that worked from my stash.  Then I went to Etsy!




The two bottom neutrals in the second photo were a must have.  They both come from the Secret Stash fabric line "warms".  I had to remove four of the warms and not anything in my stash large enough to fit the size.  So I looked for either the Sweet 16 line or the Secret Stash "warms" line to fill in after the small flower fabric (just before the fabrics start getting dark).  When I cut everything I had to cut; I started in on the sewing.  This is the construction of the project.
I have gotten the first few rounds done as I close this post and do a bit of binding before the night is out.  Five Etsy orders placed that hopefully will arrive next week sometime.  There is plenty to do if I get to the point where a round needs fabric I don't have yet.  May well be time to get a Cuddle Quilt sewn up.  I know I have one kit waiting for my needle.

Have a great week as we move into August =^.^=


1 comment:

Betty said...

Outstanding post, another beauty under your needle. Love the pattern