Design Wall Monday, June 24, 2024

 


A cute little project made from a Gina gift.  Gina and her mom hunted out the stick and it was a must use part of the project.  I like how it turned out and have a special place for it to hang.  Gina passed out this treat at the recent Sunshine Quilt Retreat.



As I mentioned yesterday I dusted off this project and took it on Saturday for a sewing party.  After getting reoriented on where I had left it; three blocks were added to the "done".  I am working on the secondary block that provides lots of interest to this otherwise simple design by Bonnie Hunter.  These blocks finish at just 6 inches.  The secondary block has 40 pieces!  I have another three ready to put together and another four ready to start the paper piecing.

This project should keep me busy for several days.  Today marks the last full week of work.  Next week being a holiday week and then retirement day on July 8th.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Retirement, you will be busier than ever, I didn't realise how much I had crammed into what spare hours I had, until I didn't have to rush out the door at 7.30 every morning.Now, with no time clock to run to, days are a lot more relaxed, and with age comes acceptance of whatever life throws. As long as the hurled parcel has fabric and threads, we will be happy. Love the wall hanging and the quilt progress.

Betty said...

Your “stick” quilt is so cute, love the color combination.
Many stars completed, with more to go, looks great so for.

Janet O. said...

What a cute gift.
Those secondary blocks really put that whole thing in motion, doesn't it?
I think you will keep just as busy in retirement as you have during your working years. You are not one to sit idle. :)