Sunday Stash Report, December 13, 2020


Kreepy Kompanions is finished.  My sister has come up with some very clever "K" names for the projects I'll share with you today.  Kreepy Kompanions is one =^.^=  My Mom likes to dress up her table with table runners and this gives her one for next Halloween.  It is Spooky Friends by Peggy Gelbrich from McCall's Quilting Sep/Oct 20.  The background fabric was a little bit of a challenge to locate.  Honestly I'd much prefer shopping at one of our local quilt shops than online.  This one will be off to Kerry's Quilting tomorrow.

You will begin to see this project each month.  I am not certain when I will start, but the perfect way to get just the right amount of fabric needed for each of the blocks.  BOM 1 brings six blocks.  And you know I will be asking as time moves along just what to call my project...

Koils has returned from Kerry's Quilting along with Kollective Kolors.  My sister Karen gets credit for the name.  Koils is Variegated Thread by Laundry Basket Quilts and a 2020 UFO.  One of the "koils aka coils aka spools" gave me a time.  I started off with two, too dark "threads".  Well needless to say I had two of them in my project that was made smaller than the original design.  I decided to leave one in to remind me and stitched together a new one.  When I share it after adding the binding, sleeve, and label you will have to look for that too dark koil.  You will also have to look at the quilting that is different than any before it.

Kollective Kolors was in the same box as Koils from Kerry's Quilting.  Karen dreamed up this name.  I am thrilled with how this project came out.  Kollective Kolors is Rainbow Radiance by Donna Lynn Thomas.  The project had a rough start in pulling fabrics from my stash.  I was ever swayed to choose primary colors based on the patterns cover.  After several attempts separated by a day or two, Mom suggested it might look nice in batiks.  With that tip and the knowledge of what my stash held, the pilfering began in colors to match my family room for a new lap quilt.  The next hurdle was to someway overcome the shortfall in the neutral fabric.  Overcome this I did with five different neutrals.  You will have to look for them when I share it soon.  This project completes my list of 12 2020 UFOs!

So a good week to report something changes in the USED.  I have been working a little on Krooked Kreek, Bonnie Hunter's Winter Mystery Grassy Creek.  Part 2 is all cut and waiting for sewing.  Part 3 needs fabrics pulled.  This week when Part 4 is announced will be a busy day for me.  Looks like I will fall behind, but I will catch up of that I am positive.  Two new projects to share with you tomorrow, hope to see you back here =^.^=

Used this week:  3.75 yards
Used YTD:  156.25 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  23.75 yards
Net used in 2020: 132.5 yard


2 comments:

Betty said...

You sure are whipping these projects right off your list. All of them are so nice. I look-forward to next Halloween to grace my table with “Kreepy Kompletion.”

Nancy J said...

Kollective Colors, beautiful.Those names, there could somewhere be a job for naming items? quilts? projects? or anything else.