Sunday Stash Report, June 18, 2017


Retreats are so much fun!  These are trinkets that all of the participants pass out to each other.  My trinket was handmade greeting cards.  No my other hobby is not crafting greeting cards.  Karen, my sister is an excellent crafter of making these.  She keeps me in my "cat" theme card supply.  Sending greeting cards is phasing out, but not during my time =^.^=.  Everyone loved their trinket.  Next up Door Prizes!





I was one of the first of 22 to have my name called to select from the offerings.  The Retreat Coordinator, Candi puts a lot of effort into making us happy and I certainly was to receive this cute holiday wall hanging, sticky notes, and baggage tag.



Mom was called out just after me (door prizes are two after each meal).  Her surprise bag included several items.  The bottom were part of them.  Mom went on to gift me two of the items, the button coaster and mini charm pack.  There will be something fun stitched up with these.


One of the Retreaters, Jo, sure came to my rescue for evening sewing.  Upon set up of my Janome it was evident that the bulb was burnt out.  Although there was plenty of light during the day...this occasion had us sewing way into the evening.




This year's project had Retreaters making pillow case dresses for needy girls.  There were 30 packages put together by a team of Sheri and Candi (I think these were the only two).  Fabrics, bias tape, and embellishments came from several for making the dresses.  



24 were completed in total.  I took the remaining packages to finish.  The Retreat Center will sponsor the dresses going to the girls.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD: 82.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  19.5 yards
Net used in 2017:  63.25 yards

As always it was a very fun filled 4-day annual event.  I look forward already to next year.  




I will leave you with a photo of Mom and I in our PJ Night clothing.  Nothing changed my fabric stash statistics this week.  I worked on a long overdue UFO.  Come back and see it in a next post.  Happy Fathers Day.



2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and how cool to do it with your Mom. You two appear very stylish in your panda-wear! Love it!

Kerry's Quilting said...

Retreats are so much fun. You took home lots of goodies and I know you and Mom had fun. I am really going to try to attend next year!