Saturday, May 20, 2017


Friday had me working on Chapter 7 (A Prairie Gathering by Pam Buda).  I have it done and something new to show on the design wall.  This chapter had me stitching the last of the Flying Geese Border; so on it went.  I was quite pleased that my 1/4" stitch worked out perfectly.  The border fit just right along with the outside solid border.  Sighing relief...

Here are the other units that were part of Chapter 7.  Checkerboard Border, Four-Patch Border, and Large Triangle Sawtooth Border units were stitched.  Several more chapters to go still.  I am making significant progress though.  Quarter three will have me adding the Checkerboard and Four-Patch Borders.

The mail carrier brought me Kerry's Aqua/Blue Swap blocks today.  Just days away now from the turn in deadline...a few more yet to be received...will they make it?  Sorry for the glare on Kerry's blocks.  There are some fabulous fabrics in these units.  It will be hard for me to select a favorite!

On to Chapter 8 of Kanton Kull =^.^=

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am impressed that your borders were a perfect fit. I will often foundation piece a border like that for the accuracy. You have the skills to do it without the training wheels I still use. : )
The quilt looks great, Sandi. I do love those fabrics.

Nancy J said...

Great geese!!! The bags of blue goodies, do you have to select one from them all/ pass them on? make something with one or more? Looks wonderful to me with all those blues.

Betty said...

Great job on Kanton Kull, very nice and oh all those geese.
Your swap has gone well, great variety of blues and such nice friends to thank you for coordinating the swap. It will be interesting to see what put together for all those great blues.