Design Wall Monday, April 24, 2017


The pillow sham is done now too.  Time for these two items to be in the hands of my parents.  I am excited to see how they will look in their sewing/office room.


As if I needed yet another project or two in this case to start.  This one is a Bonnie Hunter design that was featured in the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Volume 13 that is called Dawn's Early Light.


Bonnie will be featuring this in her new string book coming out soon.  All the pieces are ready now with the exception of the blue HSTs.  16 blocks will be made and then wait to see how the borders come together.


The second project is for me to work on during the long flight for the wedding that soon takes place.  Fit to Frame: Pattern 6 by Lori Smith, block 1.  A quilter has to have something to stitch...right?

See other projects through the links at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Charlene S said...

Wish I had the neutrals to do that quilt. Pretty block.

Nancy J said...

The pillow sham is gorgeous, and what a great quilting design that doesn't overshadow the blocks.

Janet O. said...

I love the Dawns Early Light block. That will make a really beautiful quilt!
Yes, absolutely you have to have some handwork for all of that sitting. I alternate between books and stitching. : )