Tuesday, July 21, 2015

 I received a most unexpected thank you from my niece.  It is a pin cushion that she's made for me from the fabrics of her first sewing project.  The thought has truly touched me in all sorts of ways.  I am thrilled that she is enjoying the sewing machine that was for her birthday.  She has certainly shown me that there are plans to use it in the future.  Can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
These are Tiffany's first three projects; not sure where the pin cushion fit in!
Project 1
Project 2
Project 3
 Since we are so far away, I have made arrangements for 1 on 1 tutoring at Sew Refreshing which is a quilt shop near her home in Richmond.  Her first project will be a pillow case...fabric is on the way!  It is awesome to help her begin a sewing hobby.  With her drive she will go far...

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

You have given her a great gift--not just the machine (though that is a pretty amazing gift), but the beginnings of skills that will serve her well throughout her life!
Sweet of her to make you the pincushion. : )

Nancy J said...

Encouragement, linked with enthusiasm, some classes, photos for us to see all the wonderful progress, this young lady is going to do so well with her sewing.

Betty said...

Yes, she is very talented. I wish her well, you have definitely got her well on her way. Plus she has an aunt that well talented in quilting and sewing.