Sunday Stash Report, September 29, 2019

It is nice to show both starts and finishes...wouldn't you agree?  Let me start with a finish.  Knock Kneed (Florence Flamingo by Elizabeth Hartman) is done.  I really like it with the stripe binding.  I played around with the idea of a black flamingo after making all nine in pink.  There is such a thing, the last sighting of one was in the Akrotiri Environmental Centre on the southern coast of Cyprus April 8, 2015. This is thought to be a result of a genetic condition which causes it to generate more of the pigment melanin, turning it dark rather than the usual pink color.
When you have the blocks made you might as well use them.  This is the back where that ninth pink flamingo was fitted into the bottom left corner.




Now for the starts and finishes that I will be claiming this week =^.^=  These are gifts for Christmas that Karen and Mom will get the early part of December in time for displaying this holiday season.  I have already shared the red version that Rita will be gifted.  These were fun to make, nearly addictive.  The green version is my second with this pattern.


These fabrics are what I am sewing on today.  The third for the pattern is a mix of the green and red trees which is nearly done.  The fabric at the top is the back.  Since I spoke to Karen first she had first selection.  She'll be happiest with the mixed version.
Finally I will share a birthday gift for myself;  a Hot-fix Applicator Kit.  All this fits into the black bag.  Purchased through Amazon from Afantti.  I haven't used it yet, but the three Krazy Kristmas Konifers (Crazy Christmas Trees by Karla Alexander) will be bedazzled along with Kastaway.  Thanks Heather from Peachy Pages for helping me out with a cute name.

Used this week:   9.75 yards
Used YTD:  122.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  47.75 yards
Net used in 2019:  75 yards

Come visit tomorrow to see the next project I'll be taking on.  The Cat's Meow by Country Appliques; another 2019 UFO.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Been really busy (as usual). Like the trees and the backing, glad that I will receive one. very pleased with Knock kneed really turned out better Than I thought. There was a lot of empty space, filled in with quilting. Looks very nice

Janet O. said...

I am totally charmed by the addition of the black flamingo! Very clever.
Those tipsy trees are really fun, too.