Sunday Stash Report, April 29, 2018


During the week and Saturday morning I put together the setting stars for next year's Sunshine Opportunity Quilt.  Love how these turned out.  I found them addictive!

After sharing this finish with Jennifer who coordinated the project Carolyn's work was shared with me.  This is going to be an awesome quilt.  There will be an opportunity to try your luck on the quilt starting in September.  Its first outing will be at the San Diego Quilt Show.  Come see us...

The rest of Saturday and all day Sunday I worked on cutting out all the pieces of Kandiyohi.  I plan to work on this project at the quilting retreat that is coming up the middle of May.  This is Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake 2018 Winter Mystery.  I found myself so entrenched with Kutarug that this one had to wait.  Only Part 1 is complete.  Part 2 is ready for me to stitch.  Part 3 I just discovered is missing its 480 2" neutral squares.  Darn!  I thought I had finished all the cutting...
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 9

It feels good to work with these fabrics.  Part 7 and 8 have no cutting; they are both all about assembly.  I hope to get pretty far along with the sewing before the retreat.  It would be nice to assemble blocks there and start on a second project.  We will see =^.^=

As soon as I can reveal my Sunshine Mystery project I'll have some stash to show as used.  Don't want to give anything away just yet.

No change once again, unless I were to count some of the black/white fabrics that came from my stash...too little to calculate!

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  44.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  14.25 yards
Net used in 2018:  30.5 yards

2 comments:

Betty said...

oh my, looks like another Kutarug, look at all those fabrics. I like the Sunshine Opportunity quilt, is that all applique?

Janet O. said...

That is going to be a beautiful opportunity quilt. Love the black/white with all those fresh colors!
On Ringo Lake is a wonderful quilt, and I really like Bonnie's unique color combo. I was surprised when you were not making it--I am not surprised that you are squeezing it in now. :)