Black Friday, November 24, 2017

Kutarug is nearly half done.  Laid out here it is a bit distorted, but the left side is the left side and the top is the top.  Right now the plan is for 35 hour glass units across and 33 hour glass units down.  There are two full rows to assemble after more units have been trimmed down.  The trimming is SO time consuming.  The results are SO much better SO...trim!
This photo is assembly of the many rows that were complete.  I waited until there were lots of rows done before taking the entire project off the design wall.  Its is HEAVY!
Units ready for trimming...  (I do own a ruler that isn't broken.)
Units ready for sewing...  This stack will be the first part of (HST) of the hour glass unit.  I can work all week long on the trimming; seemingly having a whole bunch of units that will take me a long way.  Unfortunately, this stack will probably get me through only a row and part of another.
I did discover an oops!  It is pretty easy to notice and equally easy to correct right now.  When Kutarug is finished I'm going to count just how many cut pieces were stitched.  It will be a very impressive number!

On Ringo Lake Clue #1 released today.  I will be keeping up with this project when each clue is released along with Kutarug.  50 Nine patch units of aqua, neutral, and brown are looming for me this week.  Happy sewing everyone =^.^=

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Impressive indeed, and for the piece that needs to be re sewn, maybe you can count that one as " TWO".

Frog Quilter said...

Kitarug is so pretty.

Lynette said...

Wow! Wow, wow, WOW! That's a lot of impressive work. :) This is so striking, too.

Jennifer said...

That’s a lot of work and it looks great so far! I admire you sticking with it. I think I’d have given up long ago and made it a mini!