Sunday Stash Report, August 23, 2015

I continued my stash building through this week too.  I sure have been enjoying myself.  I needed some fill in fabrics for my newest Buggy Barn project, Prince Charming.  I have all the pieces cut out with one princely frog sewn.  I haven't been back to the project to be called Kristoff (after the Prince in Disney's Frozen) and won't probably until my return from the East Coast near the middle of September.  Here are those fabrics from Paradise Sewing in Poway.
On Saturday I went for the ride with Kerry and her daughter to select fabric for their new project, a backing, and a project coming in October...mind you I just went for the ride.  Well that turned out to be a stash enhancement for me too.  I found more fabrics that I'll need for my next Buggy Barn project, Believe.  I also found a couple of those hard to find not homespun plaids.  I use a lot of these type of fabrics in Buggy Barn projects.  While they were noticed I decided to get them.  These are fabrics purchased from Memory Lane in El Cajon and Rosie's in La Mesa.  I'm still thinking of a name for my Believe project that Flying Santas are the theme in the design.
I didn't purchase these yesterday, but I hadn't until now counted in the fabric for the monthly project, A Prairie Gathering, that I will be stitching soon until now.  This is Chapter 3, Part 8; it is a monthly installment project but is set up like a book.  Saturday I took the time to count the fabrics...wow at this point there is 10 3/4 yards.  Four months left of fabric enhancement yet to go.  I plan to count the project used once the top is complete.  At the moment Kanton Kull is what I have decided on a name.  This after a prairie called Canton located in Fulton County Illinois and cull that means a group.
Saturday had me working on cutting the teal parts of my last UFO for 2015 to finish, Komatose.  This is Bonnie Hunter's design called Lazy Sunday.  These are just the teal fabrics.  From each came one 3 1/2" square that will be in the middle of the block, 24 different teals.  Just love a scrappy quilt!
So another big dent and nothing to counter the balances.  Sewing time!!!  Enjoy your Sunday and maybe squeeze in some time to enjoy other quilters using their fabric stash through the links at Patchwork Times.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  189 yards
Purchased this week:  21.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  118.25
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  70.75 yards

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are still in the black and it sounds like you have a use for all that came in. So not a bad week.

Janet O. said...

I look at all these piles of fabric and wonder if I would get that m,any projects finished in a year. I know you will make short work of them.
That pile of teals looks scrumptious!