Friday, November 8, 2013


I've decided to make a change to the name of this month's UFO project.  I was at a complete loss coming up for a name for this Licorice Allsorts project.  Earlier this week while looking at one of the pamphlets we get around the holidays for potential gifts I discovered the perfect name!  It isn't on a label yet so Kuibble has now become Kookaburra.  

It happens that Kookaburra is a popular licorice manufacturer in Australia...specifically black licorice!  How perfect is that?  Kookaburra is also a bird and there is even a kids song.  What a find!



Kookaburra Song Lyrics

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
What a life you lead
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry, merry little bird is he
Sing, Kookaburra! Sing, Kookaburra!
Sing your song for me.
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Eating all the gum drops he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
That’s not a monkey that is me.


I'm busy today working on Kookaburra.  I have all 100 main blocks sewn.  It is time to sew the three different variations.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Great idea for the name change. I have had that brand of licorice before, and I still recall singing that song around many a campfire as a girl!! : )

Jennifer said...

Great change and I used to sing that sing at Girl Scout camp, but for the last verse, we said he was kissing all the monkeys he could see!

Aunt Marti said...

Oh! I can't wait to see this one!

Betty said...

What a great name, and yes, now I remember singing that song. Takes a while to remember things these days. lol