Sunday Stash Report, June 17, 2018


Today I'd rather be in Abell, MD celebrating Father's Day with my Dad.  I phoned this morning to wish him a happy day.  There is a house full of family surrounding him which is a great thing.  Plans are set for a cookout done by Chefs Mike and Atta.  Hamburgers, hot dogs, and salmon with potato salad along with other great food prepared by Chefs Mom, Karen, Barbara, and Leah.  Happy Father's Day Dad =^.^=

This week I've been working on Kandiyohi.  Earlier in the week I worked on assembling the second half of the rows.  Thursday I dropped in to Paradise Sewing for some neutrals in the yellowish side to continue making the 75 or so 9-patches that will go into the border.  The piece on the right will be the background for the final 2017 UFO.  Yes, Kontingency is way behind getting done.  I'm going to small size it as I like the design of the lap size, but want end up with a smaller size.  There will be more on Kontingency in later posts.

I have quite a few more complete, but here's the start to the 75...  I thought I was done with 1 1/2" teal and brown so I'm digging not too far down into the 1 1/2" scraps.

This week also brought me a surprise from Mom.  She knows I'm all over cat socks and these are just purfect for Independence Day!  Thanks Mom!  (It's one of Karen's cards too.)  This week there is a change to my stash count.  Three yards of neutrals that will quickly be counted out as used.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  63.25 yards
Purchased this week:  3 yards
Purchased YTD:  18.75 yards
Net used in 2018:  44.5yards

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Lovely neutrals, cute socks. and yardage to date, I wonder how expensive your batiks and cottons are? Good cotton here is about $25 to $33 per metre,( you can get poorer quality for less, the fabric you can spit through) and batiks the same. Fat quarters are $6.50 , some a bit less, some a bit more. I purchase very carefully!!!