Design Wall Monday, March 26, 2018

I am pretty excited to be showing something new today.  This is Konstitution a design by Pam Buda called Union Blues.  It was started in 2016, but didn't get too far.  I took it with me to the Sunshine Quilting Retreat that year and got through the blocks.  Part 5 is where I put it back in storage.  I took it with me to the Sunshine Quilting Retreat in 2017, but never took it out of the ziplock bag.  It was on my 2017 UFO list...but then Kutarug took way more time than expected.  Now it's time!
The setting triangles were finished on Sunday.  There are 22 of these.  The HSTs were already stitched; assembly and cutting of the dark blue triangles were all that was necessary to finish these.  I thought it odd that there were two short blue HSTs.  Guess they got misplaced somewhere down the road.
Next came the work!  Drawing diagonal lines across 720 2" neutral squares.  Notice just above the mat the Flying Geese unit to be made. 
There are four different varieties, 30 each.  These units make up the sashing.  The rest of the week I will be making Flying Geese units.  A big change from Hour Glass units that were in Kutarug.

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love Pam's designs, I love blue and brown together, so it stands to reason that I would love this!!

Nancy J said...

Lovely colours, and 720 lines to mark, will you do a countdown???