Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Kourtepointe
Part 6
I have Part 6 of this revealed Mystery, En Provence complete.  All the stitching was done on Monday as I had hoped.  My friend Bonnie from work clipped the dog ears while I was finger pressing the units open during lunchtime on Tuesday.  

Tuesday night was Sunshine Quilt Guild monthly meeting so there was no sewing done then.  The trunk show and lecture were very interesting.  Pretty much everything wool.  From how to shop for repurposed wool to the many products available for dying.  What a trunk show it was!  Although I don't see myself going in this direction at $80 a yard!  Okay that was the exception, but really the fabrics are quite expensive to acquire that is not to mention hard to find at any of my area's local quilt shops.
Kourtepointe
Part 7
Everything for Part 7 is cut and ready for my Thursday evening.  This time I will be stitching more of the same unit from Part 6 with gold instead of the purple.  It also calls for sets of four 3.5 inch squares of gold.  I can't wait to start putting the blocks together.  Clever of Bonnie to post the mystery with the border units as Part 1.  Love, love, love the reveal!

Enjoy the rest of your week.

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I look forward to seeing your mystery blocks come together. You have a true friend, if she will clip your dog ears on her lunchtime! : )
The price of wool is why I get my wool from clothing at thrift stores and then I felt it and often dye it with the Kool-Aid. But all of that takes time. I guess I believe I have more time than money, though you couldn't prove the time thing right now!