Sunday Stash Report, September 11, 2011

Today I remember like all of us that nightmarish day.  That day my brother Mike was in the Pentagon.  I'd not turned on the news but got calls first from my brother Steve then rapidly my Sister and Mom.  Of course with the time difference in they were first to know that Mike was in jeopardy.  It was horrible not knowing what would be.  My family was fortunate as Mike was on the other side of the building.  My thoughts go out to those that didn't get through this as we did.  Why there ever needs to be such horrible individuals that wish to create such havoc to others we will never know.  Stay vigilant.


So last week was a crazy week for San Diego...the DARK Thursday night!  I'd left a bit early from work; to pick up a few supplies and start a little preparation for the Crazy Cats workshop that and several others were scheduled to attend at Amidons Quiltworks at 5pm.  There had been talk on the news about limiting electrical consumption during the hot weather we had been experiencing the days before and that day.  When the lights flickered at Amidons and then went out, everyone assumed that it was a temporary thing that would right itself shortly.  Well of course it didn't!  The workshop was cancelled and will be rescheduled.  Now I had to get home in the crazy grid lock traffic conditions throughout San Diego.  It took me 1.5 hours to travel about 20 miles.  Gosh it was good to be home!  Sure was weird as the news was reporting to look outside and see pitch black where ordinarily you would see light.  Our power was restored around 2am.  After nearly 12 hours without correct refrigeration lots of things in the refrigerator needed to be thrown out, but besides the traffic getting home, it really wasn't too bad.  Nice to see the stars and we did have a very full brilliant moon that night :)!


On to news of my sewing studio.  The 30th San Diego Quilt Show started Wednesday evening with a Preview Night.  Eleanor Burns of Quilt In A Day was the guest speaker for the evening.  Her impression of Marilyn Monroe was priceless.  The quilts displayed this year were exceptional.  I will be picking my three and Kerry's three up a bit later today.  The show closed Saturday.  I did very well through the Vendor Mall.  I purchased a few tools and only a little fabric for my Crazy Cats project.  The fabric is in the top right, that pretty dark purple and an orange with a purple design.  These will fill in a few gaps with the rest of the fabrics that I will be using.


Not a bad report this week...and better yet what I purchased will soon be used!  How well did you do?  Check out others at Patchwork Times.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 192.50 yards
Purchased this week: 1.25 yards
Purchased YTD: 95.50 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 97 yards

4 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

I aspire to your numbers. A very good report. Wish I could go to the show.

krisgray said...

LOVE your batiks!!!!!!! Saw the news of the blackout while at the gym. Too bad it happened during your event but it's good you found a silver lining!

Betty said...

Nice Blog, You did well, purchasing only two pieces of fabric.

Janet O. said...

When our power flickers we never assume that it will be back on shortly--because it rarely is.
Bummer that the workshop had to be canceled, and what a long ride home!
Beautiful fabrics!!