Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello,

My first blog posting. I've thought long and hard about starting a blog...but wanted to participate in the Sunday Stash Report that is hosted by http://www.patchworktimes.com/, Judy. I first learned about Judy's "reporting" through Kathie http://www.quiltsbykathie.blogspot.com/. Need I go into a level down....NOT! I'm not certain how often I'll post a blog, but I want to participate in the Sunday Stash Report. Sundays for certain there will be a post.

A little on me....I've been a quilter since 1999. I wanted to fill up space in my newly acquired home and cost for the large walls was way more than my budget could handle. Needless to say I took my sewing skills to advantage. I shifted focus from clothing to quilting and created my first wall hanging. It continues to be displayed eleven years later, as you enter my home. It was made from the Quilt in a Day pattern Bears in the Woods. Not the best of photos, but at the time I didn't know better!

Time has passed and lots have happened in my quilting world. I belong to three quilt guilds; been chairperson for Project Linus in one for several years, President in another, and a big contributor in the third. I've been published several times in Quiltmaker Magazine and honored to have been selected to participate in the Road to California Quilt Show. I've taught at a local quilt shop, Memory Lane and made quilts for fundraisers that include Make-a-Wish Foundation, American Cancer Society, San Diego Humane Society, American Legion Auxilary, Alzheimers Association, Operation Homefront, and America Supports You. I've also donated quilts to the Veterans Administration, National Children's Home in the United Kingdom, Quilts 4 Cancer, and of course more than I can count to Project Linus.

Besides the many gifts I've made for family and friends, I've also accepted many commissioned quilts. If you have the time and interest visit my website at http://www.kwiltnkats.com/. Here is where you can see all my quilts, well most of them since my quilting passion was launched in 1999.

I hope my blog is of interest as I've found that so many are. I'm always looking forward to the next quilting adventure.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandi - Congrats on getting this up & running... it's blogtastic! :)

Sue V said...

Hi Sandi,

Love your blogspot! Great job! I really like the layout, it's very happy.

Sue V said...

You can guess who figaholic is I assume? :-)
Sue

Kathie said...

great job and its nice to know more about you.

Betty said...

Great job, you did it, now I can read yours as well ast Kathie's. Like ready your diary. lol

Betty said...

I love you

Kerry's Quilting said...

Looks great!!!!